It's Fun 2 B Mimi

Sunday, January 23, 2011

ENCOURAGED!

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend.  It's been a "crafty one" around here... It's amazing what a little encouragement will do for the soul.  I am feeling encourage, because the lovely ladies, the Design Team, over at the Do You Stack Up Challenge blog  chose my "Distressed card" as one of the Top Three of last weeks challenge.  You can go to the DYSU Challenge blog to see the other two winners.
That encouragement fueled me to enter more Challenges this week.
While I started out with a couple of Challenges in mind, this card ended up eligible for several.
The stamp I used is an older stamp from Inky Antics.  She is one of my favorite stamps to color...I love her attitude, in fact, I think I want to be her!
I'm disappointed that the "Glitz" of the swirl on her hat, as well as the sparkle of the d DP doesn't show up as well in the photograph.
Her Hat and gown are colored with Copics YG00, 01, 03, and 25
Eyeshadow is B01
Swirl is R85 with pink Stickels
The sentiment is a Digital Freebie I got from Free Digital Stamps.
I used thread to gather one edge of the ribbon and "hot glued it" to the back edge of the oval.  I had a difficult time getting the pearls to stick the way I wanted them to.
I'm entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge;  Gems, Glitter and Ribbon
also 
Wild Orchid Challenge; Lets Get Sentimental
Ribbon Girl Color Challenge;  Pink and Green
Alphabet Challenge blog; L is for Ladies
Papertake Weekly Challenge; Ribbon and Pearls
Pile It On; Anything Goes




3 comments:

  1. Brilliant card, thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card! Love the extra sparkle and the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very classy Card - thanks for joining in the Ribbon Girl colour challenge, Mary G x

    ReplyDelete